It has been an exciting year of growth for the Long Island Food Council.
Our membership has doubled!
The LIFC is positioned at the crossroad of food, beverage, beer, wine and agricultural businesses, allowing the council to solve problems that mutually affect the entire industry.
The LIFC was very busy in 2019
- We partnered with MTRC to provide consulting, equipment and feasibility study grants for over 20 food and beverage companies.
- Social media and the importance of influencers was the focus of an educational series. Six influencers shared their knowledge on how to use this growing trend and help to grow your business.
- Tips to market your company products through different social media platforms and the effective use of photography and video was discussed at another great educational series event.
- The New York State Liquor Authority partnered with the LIFC for panel discussions on the state of the food and beverage industry on Long Island including compliance and regulation. In addition to the SLA, representatives of the Suffolk County Economic Development and Planning, Health Department and the NYS Agriculture and Markets participated in a panel discussion where attendees could ask questions related to their business. A panel of local producers talked about each of their businesses and discussed some of the challenges they face as well as the growth they see in the future.
- The Summer Celebration was the networking highlight of the year. Over 200 attended with over 30 vendors sharing their delicious food and beverages for a sun filled meet and greet on the rooftop of Mazars USA.
- The LIFC has partnered with Zorn’s of Bethpage and has launched a display of member products made right here on Long Island.
- Our monthly meetings are very well attended with an average of 35-45 members and guests. We continue to receive positive feedback and have seen membership grow from each event.
- We offered a special event opportunity to see the East Access Tunnel Tour in New York City.
- LIFC launched a new web site in January with an expanded resource section and a video library of our monthly meetings and educational series.
- The LIFC Website now includes a community forum in the member section. Members can sign up and post their questions and receive input from experts.
We want to thank our sponsors for their tremendous support of our programming this year!
Brown & Altman, LLP
Rechler Equity Partners
Folks Insurance Group
Nino Caridi Law P.C.
Our focus continues to be on education, providing resources to promote growth and making connections. The Long Island Food Council would like to thank our members. Your company is an integral part of our organization. We look forward to another year of growth and great programs.