Join us for a discussion of the SEC’s new rules for securities-based crowdfunding (“Regulation Crowdfunding”)—set to take effect on May 16, 2016. These rules legalize the offer and sale of securities through crowdfunding, but come with a $1 million per issuer per year cap and substantial costs related to compliance and reporting. Our panelists will review the regulations, provide guidance on the realities and risks, and offer alternative forms of fundraising. We’ll address key questions, including:
- How have these new rules changed the fundraising landscape?
- Are there steps I can take to prepare my business for compliance and still get the most from crowdfunding?
- What alternatives are there to consider?
- What are the most important issues to keep in mind for long-term success?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Mark your calendar for our next Hot Topics for Startups programs:
- Fundamentals of Early Stage Financing: Taking you through the first couple of rounds—May 3
- “Principals” of Mindfulness: Protecting your companies and yourselves when raising money—June 15
- Mark Elenowitz, Founder/CEO, BANQ
- Richa Naujoks, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Alan Wink, Director, Capital Markets, EisnerAmper LLP
- Lauri Spitz, Cofounder, Moustache Brewing Co.
- John Kominicki (Moderator), Publisher & Editor in Chief, Innovate Long Island