Farmingdale Meat Market / Main Street Wholesale Meats, Family owned and operated since 1946, is now hiring experienced Sales Representatives to join their team!
As a results-driven sales representative, you will actively seek out leads, engage customer prospects and secure business with restaurants, country clubs, caterers, event planners and large venues in the New York City and Long Island area.
• Contact prospective customers to explain different cuts of beef, pork and poultry items to add to customers menu
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests
• Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
• Estimate or quote prices, credits or contract terms and delivery dates
• Consult with clients after onboarding to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
• Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• Take orders from customers as needed and relays to the production team
• Review industry trade magazines to stay on top of products and possibly generate leads
Farmingdale Meat Market, Inc. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Knowledge of various cuts of beef, pork, veal and more
• Knowledge of NYC
• 2-3 years’ prior sales experience in related industry preferred
• Previously established relationships a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Social perceptiveness
• Critical thinking
FARMINGDALE MEAT MARKET, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.