Farmingdale Meat Market / Main Street Wholesale Meats, Family owned and operated since 1946, is looking for a Production Generalist to join their team!
The Production Generalist assists in all areas of the wholesale/retail production process to ensure the tasks of the day are completed.
Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated and demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform work in a repetitive and fast-paced environment to complete various processes including weighing, bagging, and packing, unpacking, labeling, and boxing of meat products.
The start time for this position is 4:00 am. Because the work schedule is based on a 7 day/week operation, workdays may fluctuate from week to week based on production.
• Weigh and package steaks and chops for individual servings
• Pulls tickets to assemble orders for delivery
• Unloads product delivery and stocks materials in designated areas
• Assists with product inventory when needed
• Assist with cryo-vac machines
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions in a warm or cool environment, as well as slippery surfaces at varied heights
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts in a fast-paced environment
• Standing for long periods of time, the use of stairs, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas of the facility
• Other duties as assigned
Farmingdale Meat Market, Inc. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• A Minimum of a High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required; previous food/beverage experience preferred.
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Basic math skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to read, retain and follow policies and procedures applicable to the position.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of products.
• Not afraid to work in all areas of our facility.
• Experience with cutting equipment, grinders, band saw a plus.
• Understanding product dating and inventory control preferred.
• Food/Beverage experience a plus
• Bilingual a plus
FARMINGDALE MEAT MARKET, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.