Farmingdale Meat Market / Main Street Wholesale Meats, Family owned and operated since 1946, is looking for an Office and Customer Support Representative to join their team!
In this role, you will be responsible for answering inquiries and provides information to customers while maintaining a friendly, helpful and professional demeanor; assists with administrative tasks as needed.
• Answers all incoming calls for the business and routes them to appropriate departments when necessary.
• Utilize product knowledge to make recommendations to customers based on their needs and interests.
• Provide inside sales support to existing customers by answering questions about product offerings, pricing, availability, product use and preparation, and credit terms.
• Follow up with existing customers to ensure client satisfaction, address questions/concerns, resolve problems and provide ongoing support.
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
• Monitor any emails going to the “info” email address – ranging from product questions, complaints, replies to statements/ credit inquiries or forwarding emails to the proper departments for follow-up.
• Performs administrative duties, such as entering orders, answering calls etc.
• Farmingdale Meat Market, Inc. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree highly preferred.
• At least 2 years of related customer service or inside sales experience required.
• Retail/hospitality industry experience a plus with knowledge of different meats, cuts, yields highly preferred or a willingness to learn.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Strong phone presence.
FARMINGDALE MEAT MARKET, INC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.